Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Cities of Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN operate MATBUS and provide access to all its programs, services and benefits in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 without regard to race, color national origin, sex (23 U.S.C. 324), age (42 U.S.C. 6101), disability/handicap (29 U.S.C 794), or socioeconomic status (E.O. 12898).
For more information or to file a discrimination complaint, please contact MATBUS at 701.241.8140. This statement, as well as the MATBUS schedules and maps, is available in alternative format upon request. MATBUS will provide reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities when possible.
PUBLIC NOTICE CITY OF FARGO AND CITY OF MOORHEAD POLICY OF TITLE VI NONDISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN ON FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION PROJECTS
The City of Fargo and the City of Moorhead are recipients of Federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Transportation through the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for transit operating, planning and/or capital projects and is therefore subject to Title VI Civil Rights Requirements.
The following is a summary of said Title VI requirements for non-discrimination on FTA projects receiving this federal assistance.
1. Any person who is, or seeks to be, a patron of any vehicle which is operated as a part of, or in conjunction with, a project shall be given the same access, seating, and other treatment with regard to the use of such vehicle as other persons without regard to their race, color or national origin.
2. No person who is or seeks to be an employee of the project sponsor or lessees, concessionaires, contractors, licensees, or any organization furnishing public transportation service as a part of, or in conjunction with, the project shall be treated less favorably than any other employee or applicant with regard to hiring, dismissal, advancement, wages, or any other conditions and benefits of employment, on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
3. No person or group of persons shall be discriminated against with regard to the routing, scheduling, or quality of transportation service furnished as a part of the project on the basis of race, color, or national origin. Frequency of service, age and quality of vehicles assigned to routes, quality of stations serving different routes, and location of routes may not be determined on the basis of race, color or national origin.
4. The location of projects requiring land acquisition and the displacement of person from their residences and businesses may not be determined on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
The City of Fargo and the City of Moorhead maintains records and other information and submit compliance reports and assessments regarding Title VI as directed by FTA. This information may be made available to the public upon request. Requests for information regarding City of Fargo and/or City of Moorhead may be requested from the MATBUS Mobility Manager, located at 650 23rd St N Fargo, ND 58102 or by phone at (701) 476-5967.
Discrimination complaints may be filed with the City of Fargo or the City of Moorhead for resolution by contacting the appropriate contact person at the telephone numbers and addresses shown above. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the resolution by the City of Fargo or the City of Moorhead, the same complaint may be submitted to FTA or the Secretary of Transportation within 180 calendar days after the date of the alleged discrimination. The Civil Rights Office for FTA Region 8 is:
Regional Civil Rights Officer
Federal Transit Administration Regions VII and VIII
(303) 362-2416 | email@example.com
Title VI nondiscrimination posters and all Title VI public notices are posted in accessible and conspicuous locations for everyone to see and read.